Tuesday, May 17, 2011

returning

Since my last post, in February, much has transpired. Songs have been written. Prayers have been said. Decisions have been made. Songs have been written. Prayers have been said. Jobs have been sought. Songs have been written. Prayers have been said. Children have been consulted. Songs have been written. Prayers have been said. Schools have been discussed. Songs have been written. Prayers have been said. Job offers have been put on the table.

You're probably getting the idea on the songs and the prayers, so just assume they continue, okay? Job offers have been pondered and wrestled through, options weighed. A position has been accepted. Rob began his newest position at Deloitte as infrastructure architect yesterday. What that entails is quite beyond me. I am just very, very thankful that he knows how to do it. Someone has to pay for the upkeep of all these children (uh, and me.)

Neighborhoods have been viewed. Routes have been driven. Houses have been shown. A home has been chosen. We are all moving at the end of next week to join Rob. We are moving into a beautiful house and are very excited about it -- perhaps I will post pictures after we get settled.

All those songs? I've written at least fifty since Christmas. Yep, you read that right. Some are still in process, but they count. The floodgates have opened, and there is no sign of them closing. I'm not saying they're all good. But some of them are. I'm practicing. Learning, I hope. I have four other songwriters planning to write together with me, too, mostly on worship music. But I'm writing all kinds of things. Worship music. Love songs. Country songs. Inspirational songs. Blues songs. Rock songs (Well, Rob calls at least one of them "Hair Band". Soft Metal, perhaps?) Instrumentals of all musical styles. It has been suggested to me that I should write musicals, too. Have several songs written for one already, really, based on Acts. I have NO idea what, if anything, will happen with any of that. But I feel a calling to do it, so I'm doing it, writing whatever I feel like writing. And I'm going to be in the best place around TO do it.

The children? The older ones are excited about the move. The younger ones are not quite as confident about it, because they don't remember much about living in Nashville. Chloe, nothing at all, as she was only 2 when we left. But they have all enjoyed visiting Otter Creek Church recently as we've been preparing to return, and we expect that connection will help their transition to go pretty smoothly. Abbie does still remember several friends from Otter Creek, so that is a help. And of course, Joey and Julianne remember many people.

Well, it is riDICulously late. Rob will see this and shake his head. He forgot to encourage me to go to bed at a reasonable hour tonight. ;-)

I leave you with John 6:44, "No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day."

Has He drawn you yet? Listen for His voice...

Blessings.

1 comment:

That Girl said...

I hope your life is wildly successful and fun in Nashville! May you and your family enjoy good health and good times! I'll see you at Otter Creek in July! (Well, if you're in town and if I actually get to make my Nashville visit!)